Wednesday, September 28, 2005

School Of Rock - Geezer Edition (Four Days: $8,500)

click image to enlarge

This article is from today's Fox 411 column by By Roger Friedman. I didn't know this camp was real; I always thought it was just a funny episode of The Simpsons.

Daltrey Joins Rock Fantasy Camp

"David Fishof's annual Rock Fantasy Camp has just snared its most famous counselor yet: The Who's Roger Daltrey.

Daltrey will join Dickey Betts, Mickey Thomas, Neil Schuon, the entirety of Cheap Trick and Mickey Hart of the Grateful Dead next February as they instruct high-paying campers in becoming rock and roll stars.

The price for the four-day weekend, scheduled Feb. 16-20, 2006, is $8,499.

I don't know if that includes bug juice or panty raids, but it does have its own version of a color war: a battle of the bands at the House of Blues in Los Angeles at the end of the weekend.

Personally, I'm going to audit the class where Daltrey shows you to how lasso a microphone. "

---o0o---

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just weird!

Auntie Sassy said...

OH MY GOD! I had no idea that I could actually PAY someone to TEACH me how to be a rock star. I know what I'm asking Santa for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

For $8k+, it'd better be bug out juice and overflowing.