Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My state of mind

This section of dialog from Office Space comes close to nailing my state of mind. I'm not sure I'll be going into work Thursday...

JOANNA
So, where do you work, uh, Peter?

PETER
Initech.

JOANNA
And, uh, what do you do there, Peter?

PETER
I sit in a cubicle and I update bank software for the 2000 switch.

JOANNA
[NODS] WHAT'S THAT?

PETER
You see, they wrote all this bank software and to save space, they put 98 instead of 1998. So I go through these thousands of lines of code and uh, it doesn't really matter. I, uh, I don't like my job. I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

JOANNA
You're just not gonna go?

PETER
Yeah.

JOANNA
Won't you get fired?

PETER
I don't know. But I really don't like it so I'm not gonna go.

JOANNA
[LAUGHS] SO YOU'RE GONNA QUIT?

PETER
No, no, not really. I'm just gonna stop going.

JOANNA
When did you decide all that?

PETER
About an hour ago.

JOANNA
Really?

PETER
Oh, yeah.

JOANNA
Ok. So, so you're gonna get another job?

PETER
I don't think I 'd like another job.

JOANNA
[LAUGHS] SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT MONEY AND BILLS?

PETER
Y'know, I never really liked paying bills? I don't think I'll do that either.

JOANNA
[LAUGHS] SO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

---o0o---

No comments: