Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wow. As they say, "Slap my ass and call me Sally!" -- Apple shovels out big bucks in a Nano-pod Class Action settlement




OK, I'm used to getting these class action settlements for various things. I know I've received, as part of other settlements, five dollar coupons, good for a discount on (what, the $350?) MS Office, money off Jiffy Lube oil changes, a voucher for two free cans of tuna fish,
and rebates of $3.00 for some government group that miscalculated something.





This time, however, Apple sent me a check for $37.50 for scratches on a nanopod. Thirty-seven dollars! If I got $37.50, just how much did the attorneys get to keep? And how many thousands or millions of us joined the class? The lawyers deserve it this time, for a magnificent performance! We didn't just settle with a $10 iTunes or iPhone App Store credit. They had to fork over actual truckloads of real dollars! Is this a great country, or what?


---o0o---

No comments: