Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shaggy Dog Story No. 16 - The Blarney Fisherman







A man was stopped by a game warden with two ice chests of fish, leaving a river well known for its fishing. The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"


The man replied, "No, my friend, I don't have a license. These here are my pet fish."
The game warden replied, "Pet fish?"


"Yessir," the man said. "Every night I take these fish down to the river and let them swim around for a while. Then I whistle and they jump right back into this ice chest and then I take them home."


The game warden said "That's a bunch of nonsense! Fish can't do that!"


The man looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "Sir, it's the truth. I'll show you. It really works."


The incredulous game warden replied, "Okay, I've GOT to see this!"


The man poured the fish into the river and stood and waited for a while. After quite a few minutes the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"


"Well, what?" said the man. "When are you going to call them back?" asked the game warden.


The man replied, "Call who back?" "The FISH!"


"What fish?"
---o0o---

No comments: