Wednesday, June 13, 2012

At the gates of the Forbidden City (I snuck this post in from China, where Blogger, Facebook, Glogger, Tumblr, and just about every other social site is blocked)

By Jack Brummet, Travel Editor

Here I am in Beijing, standing in front of the gates to The Forbidden City.  More to come, when I can actually post text and pictures  in from China (where Blogger, Facebook, Glogger, Picasa, Tumblr, and just about every other social site are blocked).  Without saying how I snuck this onto Blogger/All This Is That, let me just say that they have China locked down pretty tight.  I probably don't want to say much more, since I will be returning to China fairly regularly.  But, despite their total lockdown, there are a couple of transitory exploits from which you can sneak things onto the Internet.  I will post far more pictures and commentary once I am back safely inside the borders of the U.S.


---o0o---

No comments: