Sunday, October 28, 2012

Interactive video at Moscow's Sheremetyevo International Airport

By Jack Brummet, Russia Travel Editor


This photo is from Sheremetyevo International Airport near Moscow. I only had a minute, but wanted to explore this interactive exhibit more. Of course, I couldn't read the instructions or details about this, but you stand on two footprint silhouettes in front of a giant monitor. After a minute, four furry creatures begin cavorting around you on screen. I only stayed for a few seconds, and don't know how far this goes. But I felt like we would be seeing a lot more of these sorts of interactive displays in the future.

I guess, eventually, it could show just how you would look in that suit or dress you were looking at, or show you in your fab new kitchen or on the deck of your new boat. Better yet, it will put you into a Zelig world, with you as the star of any number of scenes, imagined and historical. This was done better than what I've seen done online with faces on on the Wii or Kinect. This is still in its infancy, I'm sure, but it has a lot of interesting possibilities.
---o0o---

No comments: