Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Beatles collaborative guitar solo in :The end:

By Jack Brummet, Music History Editor


Fifty-four seconds into The Beatles' The End are 18 bars of guitar solo: the first two bars are played by McCartney, the second two by Harrison, and the third two are Lennon, then they take one more round. I've listened to this song probably more than a hundred times and I've noticed the different voices in the solo, but I didn't know until tonight that it was a collaborative solo--Paul created it when he mixed the song. Their individual styles are so perfectly represented....
---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a fan of the Beatles music and began playing guitar at the age of eleven.This song was one of my favorites. They're musical talent always amazed me because they were so young and original.I often wonder how George came up with the lead solo on "And your bird can sing" which is a difficult piece to play even in its special tuning of the guitar.