Monday, January 13, 2014

Governor Chris Christie offers to resign?

By Pablo Fanque, National Affairs Ed.
illustration by Jack Brummet



Governor Chris Christie offers to resign?  That's how I read the statement he made last Thursday:  
"My promise to the people of the state is that if there’s any other evidence that comes forward that requires action to be taken, I will take it, no matter how much it hurts me personally or dismays me because this is the job I asked for and I’ve got to do it."
The Governor seems to be saying that if that "smoking traffic cone" does turn up that he will punish himself by resigning, since he instantly terminated two top aides when evidence of their complicity was released.

You have to guess that over the last week the shredders were grinding, magnets and hard disk tools were doing their thing, and that anyone even remotely related to the Governor's office has scrubbed, hidden, erased, and burned any even remotely troubling memo, voicemail, email, tweet, text message, and Facebook post.  But as we've all learned over the years, you can never find everything. . .and all it takes is one.


---o0o---

No comments: