Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy birthday, Abraham Lincoln (with ten favorite quotes and seven photos and illustrations of Link)

By Jack Brummet, Presidents Ed.



Happy birthday to Link!  

Favorite Link quotes:

  • “My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh -- anything but work.” 
  • "It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. -Speech at Clinton, Illinois, September 8, 1854.”  (Often attributed to P.T. Barnum)
  • “There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.” 
  • “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.” 
  • “I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.” 
  • “If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?” 
  • “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” 
  • “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” 
  • “Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.” 
  • “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” 








---o0o---


No comments: