Saturday, March 15, 2014

A quick Blitz to PDX to see a favorite artist's show, a non profit restaurant, and gaslight torches

By Jack Brummet, NW Travel Ed.





Sitting on the deck--where it must be 55 degrees or so--on a one day blitz to Portland to see our pal Cathie Joy Young's show at the Guardino Gallery. Fun dinner tonight, with CJY, Newman Todd, and KeeKee at the Oregon Public House ("the world's first non profit restaurant"). At the end of the meal, you decide which of seven charities receives the profit from your dinner. So Portland; so sweet. 

We're staying at a really fun hotel (which is almost an oxymoron): the Inn at Northrup Station. The decks on the ground floor (always my favorite) have sweet little enclosed patios with gaslight torches. I'm thinking now that I want to encircle my house with these torches. I bet it would keep the fruitcakes out (not that the fruitcakes have been wanting In), but I'm guessing it would impart a vibe kind of like Apocalypse Now meets True Detective. #LateNightWithJack

                                              ---o0o--

No comments: