Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Priest calls Jesus's miracles "BS"

By Jack Brummet, Religions Ed.


I met a priest in Spokane this weekend, who surprised me.  He was the warmest, and undoubtedly the funniest priest I've ever met (I'm not RC. so I haven't met that many).  He radiated his love of and concern for his parishioners.

He got to talking about Jesus's miracles, calling at least two of them (changing water into wine and walking on water on the Sea of Galilee ) "bullshit," alluding that they were just parlor tricks (he didn't use that phrase, just "BS") to get people's attention.  I go to thinking about what else would qualify--Lazarus, the fishes and loaves, etc.

As unconventional as he was, he drew it back in the end by saying the only trick that counted was getting up on that cross; the rest was just razzle dazzle.  Wow.
---o0o---


No comments: