Thursday, September 18, 2014

Gratitude Challenge day 5

By Jack Brummet

Gratitude challenge, day 5




1)  Mites live in your eyelashes.  At least they are ectoparasites (they don't burrow in); they stay on deck.  And they're slow moving—it would take half a day for one to walk from your ear to your nose, not that you would notice even if they were whizzing around at 100 MPH.  Demodex mites colonize the eyelashes of more than 80 percent of people over the age of 60 [source: American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology]. I'm their target demographic.

I'm grateful they keep to themselves and that I don't sit up night fretting over just what ARE they doing on my eyelashes (hatching, eating, having sex, laying eggs, dying, and then releasing the defecation they store during their two weeks of living.

I'm grateful I don't notice the the cooties on my face.

2)  I am grateful for my 18 nieces and nephews, and humbled by their approach to life and the world at large, their will to seek out detours and different paths, for their brains, good looks, warmth, sass, and overall hugability.

3) I am Grateful for The Dead.

No comments: