Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Kent, Washington Bus Depot

By Jack Brummet, Kent History Ed.

This is a posed photo from my father in law Pete's archives. I am guessing the guy in the middle is some official from Greyhound.

This is a shot of Red's Greyhound Depot/Cafe in Kent. I spent a lot of time here with my Dad in the late 50s-early 60s (Red was one of my Dad's closest friends). Interestingly, KeeKee's Dad Pete also spent time here. I'm sure they met. Even though Kent was then a small farmtown, Keelin and I met much later--after I had left for college. Behind the counter is Gordon "Red" Maganess, and in front of the counter is the ticket agent Bubbins.

For a longer article on the bus depot, go here:  http://jackbrummet.blogspot.com/2013/09/atit-reheated-kent-greyhound-bus-depot.html



---o0o---

No comments: