Saturday, May 30, 2015

Beard permits in the Norwegian Navy

By Jack Brummet

Facial Adornment Ed.




Sailors in Norway's Navy must submit a form requesting permission in order to grow a beard. The form requests information on the proposed beard and requires a drawing of what their beard will look like. 

A Redditor, "aellgutta," recently shared a copy of his form and his translation: 

"On the top it says "BEARD APPLICATION", then it's rank/ military ID-number, full name and platoon/ division. Then it says "Reason:" to which I wrote "I get irritated skin from daily shaving and it's starting to get cold outside." Under the sketch I drew, it says "DRAW HERE!" and at the bottom the Lieutenant has written that he will inspect it after the next exercise (which gave me about 2,5 weeks) followed by a stamp to show my application was accepted."


---o0o---

No comments: