Monday, July 25, 2005

Walibri Men Ask May I Shake Your Penis?

By Jack Brummet, Folklore and Customs Ed.



WhenWalibri tribesmen of central Australia meet each other, they shake penises instead of hands (I don't know how you greet their women. . .but I'd like to find out).

I know what you're thinking--this is just the kind of blowhard confabulation I'm always trying to sell under the guise of some sort of arcane scholarship or claim of special knowledge. Click on the title of this post to Googletm a list of references. Obviously, people on the internet at least, have an interest in the Walibri.



















I'm pretty sure I saw guys shaking like this the time my friends Fuzzy and Richie [1] took me to The Anvil in the meat-packing district of lower Manhattan..

[1] Characters in My Worst Job No. 6, my long delayed story of working at Carl Fischer, Inc. in NYC.
---o0o---

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do they fish it out of their pants or do they run around naked all the time?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying this on my boss tomorrow.

ed

Anonymous said...

We could do a trial run here, with Priests.

Anonymous said...

Well can't say I'm surprised...

Anonymous said...

well, I am ...xaxa

Anonymous said...

I believe that the word "testify" comes from the practice of holding another man's testicles as an oath of truth.

Anonymous said...

To the previous comment, there's a russian joke about a person in a dentist chair grabbing a firm hold of the dentists 'package' - 'i know we're not going to hurt each other doc'

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we should do this now when we meet male friends now we have the virus througfhout the world.It would be much safer.