Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Monday, April 24, 2017
Sunday, April 23, 2017
By Jack Brummet
- UFOs: The reliable cases are uninteresting and in the interesting cases are unreliable. — Carl Sagan, Other Worlds, 1975.
- I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets which obviously are a little more … advanced than we are… — Astronaut L. Gordon Cooper, Mercury 7, letter to the United Nations, 1978.
- I can assure you that, given they exist, these flying saucers are made by no power on this Earth. — President Harry S. Truman, 4 April 1950, at a press conference.
- I have argued flying saucers with lots of people. I was interested in possible. They do not appreciate that the problem is not to demonstrate whether it's possible or not but whether it's going on or not. — Richard Feynman
- [The Airship] looked like a great black cigar with a fishlike tail….The body was at least 100 feet long and attached to it was a triangular tail, one apex being attached to the main body. The surface of the airship looked as if it were made of aluminum, which exposure to wind and weather had turned dark….The airship went at tremendous speed. As it neared Lorin it turned quickly and disappeared in the direction of San Francisco. At half past 8 we saw it again, when it took about the same direction and disappeared. — Case Gilson, reported in the Oakland Tribune, Dec 1, 1896.
- It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the Moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky.
- If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists — President Jimmy Carter
- I am completely convinced that [UFOs] have an out-of-world basis. — Dr. Walther Riedel, LIFE Magazine, 7 April 1952. Research director and chief designer at Germany's rocket center in Peenemunde. He also worked on classified projects for the U.S. after WWII.
- After I give lectures — on almost any subject — I am often asked, "Do you believe in UFOs?". I'm always struck by how the question is phrased, the suggestion that this is a matter of belief and not evidence. I'm almost never asked, "How good is the evidence that UFOs are alien spaceships?" — Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World, 1995.
- For reasons of national security and out of consideration for some people still alive I have omitted certain material. Some of this material cannot be made available for many years, perhaps for many generations. — Preface to the Memoirs of Harry S Truman, 1946-52 Vol II: Years of Trial and Hope.
- Of course the flying saucers are real and they are interplanetary… . The cumulative evidence for the existence of UFOs is quite overwhelming and I accept the fact of their existence. — Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding, RAF, August 1954.
- I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets--which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on earth. — Astronaut L. Gordon Cooper, Mercury 7
- We all know that UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where do they come from. — Astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell, after his Apollo 14 Moon flight in 1971.
- Flying saucers are real. Too many good men have seen them, that don't have hallucinations. — Captain Edward 'Eddie' Rickenbacker
- I've been asked [about UFOs] and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization. — Astronaut Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17, in the Los Angeles Times, 1973.
- I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words we are being watched by beings from outer space. — Albert M. Chop, deputy public relations director at NASA
- I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence. — Richard Feynman
- Our journeys to the stars will be made on spaceships created by determined, hardworking scientists and engineers applying the principles of science, not aboard flying saucers piloted by little gray aliens from some other dimension. — Robert A. Baker, 'The Aliens Among Us: Hypnotic Regression Revisited.
- Until they come to see us from their planet, I wait patiently. I hear them saying: Don't call us, we'll call you. — Marlene Dietrich, Venus, 1962.
- A circle of fire coming in the sky, noiseless, one rod long with its body and one rod wide. After some days these things became more numerous, shining more than the brightness of the sun. — From a series of Egyptian hieroglyphs on a papyrus dated to the reign of Thutmose III (1504-1450 BC)
- It is my thesis that flying saucers are real, and that they are space ships from another solar system. I think that they possibly are manned by intelligent observers who are members of a race that may have been investigating our earth for centuries. — Hermann Oberth, 'Flying Saucers Come from a Distant World,' in The American Weekly, October 24, 1954.
- UFOs are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head… . I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something… . The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to the Roswell incident was unparalleled. The classification was, from the outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never in-the-loop. — Paul Hellyer, Canada — s Defence Minister from 1963-67, speech at the University of Toronto, September 25, 2005.
- The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously. — Mikhail Gorbachev, 'Soviet Youth,' May 4, 1990.
- As far as I know, an alien spacecraft did not crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947… . If the United States Air Force did recover alien bodies, they didn't tell me about it either, and I want to know. — President Bill Clinton, reply to a letter from a child asking about the Roswell Incident
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Friday, April 21, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
By Jack Brummet
[Sharpie™, Micron .08, Windsor and Newton Markers, and 4B Pencil on drift plywood and a wine crate]