Saturday, September 24, 2005

Poem: Clarity By Donald Rumsfeld

I like these poems so much that I have no problem resurrecting them two years later. I wasn't blogging when they originally appeared. I will be posting at least two more of my favorites.

Reprinting these poems also gives me the chance to put up pictures of Rummy, who is always good for some wacky photos.

As much as I disagree with his policies, I have a soft spot for Rummy. He was a real hard-ass in his early years, but on his second trip through the White House--and please don't rip into me, liberals--I find him an avuncular presence, at least when you compare him to the likes of Condi Rice, Tom Ridge, Luis Gonzales, John Ashcroft, et al.





Clarity [1]

I think what you'll find--
I think what you'll find is,
Whatever it is we do substantively,

There will be near-perfect clarity
As to what it is.

And it will be known--
And it will be known to the Congress,
And it will be known to you,

Probably before we decide it--
But it will be known.
---o0o---

[1] Feb. 28, 2003 briefing

2 comments:

Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. said...

There was a better one (I think) about knowing what we don't know that you had posted on your door at work. Or is this that?

Keekee Brummet said...

You're right. I have about four to go (except I keep creating more). I was saving that one for last...