Monday, October 10, 2005

Audioblogger Post::::Kevin Curran And Jerry Melin Meet The Poet Allen Ginsberg At The Grass Roots Tavern On NYC's Lower East Side


...Click image to enlarge... this is an audio post - click to play

In this audioblogger post, Jerry Melin discusses the night he and Kevin Curran met the poet Allen Ginsberg at The Grass Roots Tavern on St. Mark's Place. The meeting he describes occurred sometime between 1978 and 1981. Also present (or at least those who spoke) at this taping include Keelin Curran, Jan Newberry, Nick Gattuccio, and Jack Brummet.
---o0o---

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! this is your coolest neice Melanie, and right now I am simply JELOUS. Allen Ginsberg is bloody amazing and I wish he were a bit more alive right now.

Anonymous said...

John - I listened to the audio and hearing Jerry's voice again made me happy and broke my heart all at the same time. Your continued efforts to keep memories of Jerry alive is something you do best. The girls and I take this as a personal gift. Thank you, John

Dot

Anonymous said...

good tape!

Keekee Brummet said...

Yeah - I met him too, a few years before that...he came to my college and sang William Blake songs (I write about that in September in my blog archives).


Yeah, he's not around, but we have lots of his books. Glad you found my blog, Niece-goddaughter--birthday-mate! /jb