Thursday, July 06, 2006

Alien Lore No. 77: Celebrity sightings and thoughts on UFOs

Muhammad Ali: "If you look into the sky in the early morning you see them playing tag between the stars."

Jimmy Carter during his 1976 campaign for President: "If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and scientists. I am convinced that UFOs exist because I have seen one."

the late President Ronald Reagan: "I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."

the Late Arizona Senator and Presidential Contender Barry Goldwater: " I can't believe that God or whomever is in charge would put thinking bodies on only one planet. So I'm a firm believer that something can fly around here that the Wright Brothers didn't have anything to do with."

Capt. Edgar Mitchell Apollo 14 Astronaut: "The evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident and that indeed an alien craft did crash, and that material was recovered from that site. We all know that UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where do they come from, and what do they want?"

Astronaut Gordon Cooper addressing the United Nations in 1985: "I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth. I feel that we need to have a top level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interfere with these visitors in a friendly fashion.

Sammy Haggar, former (maybe current) rock front man: "I'm a real firm believer in aliens, right? They're definitely out there. I've had contact. Yes, I have and they're smart son of a guns, man' 1967, was the summer of love. In Fontana, California. I was lying in bed, in my room. And, all of a sudden, I felt like something was going on' And I was sleeping. I was sleeping. It was 3:00, 4:00 in the morning. And I opened my eyes, my body couldn't move. And my room was pure white, I mean, like as bright as you could possibly imagine. "

Jimi Hendrix: "There are other people in the solar system, you know, and they have the same feelings too, not necessarily bad feelings, but see, it upsets their way of living for instance - and they are a whole lot heavier than we are."

David Bowie, Singer/Musician: "They came over so regularly we could time them. Sometimes they stood still, other times they moved so fast it was hard to keep a steady eye on them."

President Harry S. Truman, 1950: "I can assure you that flying saucers, given that they exist, are not constructed by any power on earth."

Chuck Clark, Author and amateur astronomer: "People need to give it some serious thought. Too many credible people have reported things that are impossible by our understanding of physics."

Jackie Gleason on a trip he said he took with President Richard Nixon: "Next, we went into an inner chamber and there were six or eight of what looked like glass-topped Coke freezers. Inside them were the mangled remains of what I took to be children. Then - upon closer examination - I saw that some of the other figures looked quite old. Most of them were terribly mangled as if they had been in an accident."

President Gerald Ford: "I have taken special interest in these (UFO) accounts because many of the latest reported sightings have been made in my home state of Michigan...Because I think there may be substance to some of these reports and because I believe The American People are entitled to a more thorough explanation than has been given them by the Air force to date..."

Wayne Green, Founder of Byte Magazine and CD Review: "The more you look into [the UFO phenomenon], and the more people that you talk to and read about that have done serious investigations, the more you know that this stuff is real."

Joe Firmage, Founder of USWeb: "We have objects in the sky. . .they have been spotted millions of times worldwide"

Sarah McClendon, late White House Correspondent: "The real danger to the U.S. and perhaps this whole planet is the government has placed such a heavy blanket of secrecy upon this issue. So much secrecy, those in government who have knowledge showing UFOs are identifiable feel the subject cannot be discussed by those in the know without serious repercussions. Others are afraid their friends and co-workers will think they are crazy if they even so much as insinuate that UFOs are identifiable as manned craft from outside the earth. This particularly applies to newspaper editors and publishers, reporters and analysts. Thus the U.S. is denying itself the chance to learn more about UFOs or to encourage research despite the fact the U. S. stands to gain from such discussions.

May Pang, "assistant" to John Lennon, describing an object they saw from Lennon's balcony in NYC: "It looked like a flattened cone with a brilliant light on top."

from John Lennon's Nobody Told Me:
"There's a UFO over New York
& I ain't too surprised,
Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed..."

Dennis Weaver, a late actor: "I think there's alot of evidence that we've made contact."
---o0o---

No comments: