Friday, November 17, 2006

Poem:With Or Without The Words


1
If I don't write it down
It's gone like a pickpocket
Easing back into the crowd

2
If I don’t write it down
The world will carry on
Merrily on its own

Unaware of the loss
The world spins revolves and rotates
With or without the words

3
If I don’t write it down
The words race away
Like a hit and run driver

Leaving the scene
Of the crime
As if distance

Cures the unthinkable
If I can't see it
It never happened.

4
The words themselves are
Disassociated and fragmented
Until I gather them

And range and rearrange
The words or new words they suggest
Syllabify and counterbalance

Tinker with rhythms
Remove unnecessary verbiage
And lop off limbs

To save the patient
In a particular place
or an unknown span of time.
---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!