Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Up in smoke: Republican Gov, Mark Sanford's Presidential Dreams and another nail in the coffin of "Republican Family Values"

By Pablo Fanque
All This Is That
National Affairs (and we do mean affairs) Editor


The beleaguered governor and the Ex-President

That wacky Republican, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, 'fessed up Wednesday to an affair. Not only an affair, but an affair with a foreigner. He also just resigned his position as chair of the Republican Governor's Association. All this follows a strange week in which he dropped off the map, and his staff was lying about his whereabouts. During this period, when he could not be located, he was actually south of the border, playing hide the salami with his "girlfriend."
A local newspaper, The State, obtained and reprinted one of his emails to "Maria":


"You have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself ... in the faded glow of the night’s light ... despite the best efforts of my head my heart cries out for you, your voice, your body, the touch of your lips, the touch of your finger tips and an even deeper connection to your soul.”

Sanford and his no doubt soon to be filing for divorce wife


“I have been unfaithful to my wife. I developed a relationship with what started out as a dear, dear friend from Argentina,” Sanford said in a rambling and often emotional news conference at the state capital in Columbia.

“I’m a bottom line kind of guy I’m just gonna lay it out. It’s gonna hurt and I’m going to let the chips fall where they may,” said Sanford, who, until today, has often been mentioned as a 2012 presidential hopeful.
---o0o---

No comments: