Sunday, November 04, 2012

By Pablo Fanque, National Affairs Editor


I voted.  You almost feel like you need a bath after voting these days.


It's the political, and pundit, and expert-fatigue--you can't help watching a train-wreck, and in many ways, this election has been one.  I, for once, am very glad it's nearly over.  I used to enjoy every minute of it.  But this year things got ugly.

It would be nice to have it decided Tuesday night, as opposed to a recount, or in the courts.  And then let Jeb-Rubio-Christie-Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa -Andrew Cuomo-and whoever else start running for 2016.


There's been a lot of nasty stuff back and forth from both parties (and the libertarian/green 3rd and 4th wings).  Now it's time for the jawboning to end; time to quit blaming the 1% or the 2% or the 47%; time for the bi-partisan solutions both candidates and parties claim they truly believe in.  I don't watch much TV, but I read that some cities/battleground states have literally had ten thousands of ads scream across their screens.  I know the ones I hear on the radio are pretty bad (particularly thinking of our local Governor's contest).  Just a short time to go now, and it's all over but the post-mortem and the finger pointing.  It can't some soon enough.  As long as your guy wins, and maybe even if he/she doesn't.
---o0o---

No comments: