Monday, November 18, 2013

Sand in my boots in Colombia







Shell shock/sand in my boots. We just got back from four days off the grid on a most peaceful respite in La Matuy. We lived In palapas on the beach and the only thing we had to do every day was show up for meals. Fruit, yucca, amazing local fish, always eaten outdoors and under the stars. One notable rum and Malbec fueled night after dinner, laughing until late with new Irish and Canadian friends. Mostly though working in Spanglish with Col tourists and staff. 



These were the calmest, happiest, most healing and tranquil days of vacation I have ever spent in my life. 



And now we are in beautiful Cartegna. I'm kind of enjoying being a little connected and having more than candlelight--but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments: