Friday, January 14, 2005

ET Visitors: Scientists See High Likelihood


[click to enlarge this painting by Jack]

I have been fascinated with alien folklore for years (Roswell, the 1947 Mt. Rainier UFO sightings, Cattle Mutiliations, Area 51, The Hive, Dark Skies, Abductions, Crop Circles, John Lear, Whitley Streiber, Dreamland, Bill Cooper, Foo Fighters, Project Bluebook, the Men In Black, The Black Choppers, The Betty and Barney Hill abduction, Government coverups, famous "alien" encounters, Majestic 12, and Dulce, the massive underground city, among other people, places and things).

I have read hundreds of pieces by completely deranged wackos, skeptical scientists, and many people somewhere in between. I am hopeful, but skeptical. I'd like to believe we have some cousins Out There. Mostly, I have been interested in the urban legend/folkloric aspects of this, but there are some serious scientists discussing the issue of possible extraterrestrial visitors.

"We are in the curious situation today that our best modern physics and astrophysics theories predict that we should be experiencing extra-terrestrial visitation, yet any possible evidence of such lurking in the UFO phenomenon is scoffed at within our scientific community," says an astrophysicist, Bernard Haisch.

Click on the title of this piece for a link to an interesting article on the space.com website. ---o0o---

2 comments:

Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. said...

Another nice picture - was that done digitally?

Keekee Brummet said...

It is both. This is a pen and ink drawing I did of an alien. I scanned it in, and then photoshopped it, cleaning yuop my bad drawing, smoothing edges and fixing the badly done mouth. Then I softened the drawing and used a oil paint filter on it.