Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bob Says The Music Is Boring (and he's at least 90% right)



From the New Music Express web edition (click on title to link):

BOB DYLAN has launched a withering attack on contemporary rock bands in the programme notes for his latest American tour.


"I know there are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviours of rock'n'roll and all that, but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from," he wrote, adding, “I wouldn't even think about playing music if I was born in these times... I'd probably turn to something like mathematics. That would interest me. Architecture would interest me. Something like that."

Dylan’s latest leg of his so-called 'Never Ending Tour' opens in Seattle on March 7.

Meanwhile, Martin Scorsese's two-part Bob Dylan documentary, ’No Direction Home’, is now likely to air on BBC2 in late September.

Concentrating on Dylan’s career from his arrival in Greenwich Village until his 1966 motorcycle crash, the film will draw on previously unseen archive footage from the singer’s own personal collection, plus new interview material.

No comments: