Thursday, October 13, 2005

Some Things I Don't Get

Some of them may be good things. Things I do get, I don't expect you to get. Or love. You don't have to love everything "they" tell you is great. On the other hand, everything you love may not necessarily be great. You don't have to disparage things you dislike. I am always stunned when someone tells me they don't like Shakespeare, Melville, Van Gogh, Jackson Pollock, Emily Dickinson, Warhol, red wine, The Grateful Dead, John Coltrane, Keith Haring, Mark Ryden, cottage cheese, Joni Mitchell, Bartok, truffles (the mushroom, not the candy), Bob Dylan, flank steak, or Bobby Kennedy. But, hey, I can live with that. Here's my partial list:

awards shows (all of them)
ringtones
heavily groomed/absent pubic hair
$4.00 coffee

obsessive hydration
candy bars
smacking bitches
tattoos

rolling suitcases
caviar
Hitting the start button to quit Windows
Believing death means ceasing to exist and thinking that's OK
drinking beer from the bottle

rape
people who insist that you call them Doctor (
I do call some of my Dr. friends Doctor or Doc, but they don't insist).
people who don't believe in TV

depression
people who don't like rock and roll
facial and genital piercings
reality shows
SUVs

republicans who are in it for something other than the money
marketing people
novelty records
bukkake
shriners

people who won't read books
Garfield
scat sites
baseball caps
people who think modern art "sucks"
handguns
action-adventure games
Paris Hilton
Hummers (the vehicle)

---o0o---

2 comments:

El Snoozo said...

The bottled beer is a great thing in these cases:

-Boat trips
-Backyard BBQ's
-Watchin the Game
-Being in People crowded "edgier" bars where the likely hood of your freshly poured into the glass, draft beer may spill.

Keekee Brummet said...

Absolutely El Snoozo! Why, I may not get it, I often resort to the bottle. I'm just not a fan. But at the Showbox, Crocodile, etc., yeah, it's the only way to go...