Thursday, January 12, 2006

a note from e e cummings

While I worked at Carl Fischer in New York (77-82), I acquired this letter of the great American poet e.e. cummings. We were cleaning out the copyright files--purging contracts and documents for books and music that had been out of print for decades. No one wanted things like this, so I picked up this, a couple of letters from Theodore Roethke, and other ephemera.

This letter has been sitting in a ziplock bag with my photos for about 23 years, and I broke it out today. I also dug out three short letters (to me) from the great American novelist, short story writer, and composer, Paul Bowles. I will also be reprinting his original manuscript that we later published in our journal, Scape.

---click e.e.'s letter to enlarge---
---o0o---

No comments: