Saturday, July 29, 2006

Holy Smokes! Mel Gibson Goes Apes**t in Malibu & The Cops Cover It Up



Mel Gibson went bananas when he was arrested Friday for drunk driving. And because they believed the arrest report was so inflammatory, detailing ethnic slurs, and religious epithets, they had the arresting officer create a new one. They kept the real one under wraps. TMZ leaked the original arrest report. You can read it in a PDF here.

On being arrested, Gibson began swearing uncontrollably, and said over and over

My life is f****d.

The deputy asked Gibson to get into the squad car. Gibson said

I'm not going to get in your car.

He then ran to his own car. The deputy subdued [1] Gibson, cuffed him and put him inside the patrol car. Once inside the car, a source directly connected with the case says, Gibson began banging himself against the seat. The report says Gibson told the deputy,

You mother f****r. I'm going to f*** you.

The report also says "Gibson almost continually [sic] threatened me saying he 'owns Malibu' and will spend all of his money to 'get even' with me."

Gibson launched into a barrage of anti-Semitic statements:

F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.

Are you a Jew?



Arriving at the police station, a sergeant started videotaping Gibson. When Mel saw the camera, he said

What the f*** do you think you're doing?

Gibson noticed a female sergeant and yelled,

What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

Gibson took two blood alcohol tests, which were videotaped, and continued saying how "f****d" he was and how he was going to "f***" the arresting officer, Deputy Mee.

Deputy Mee thought Gibson was going to take a leak on the floor of his cell and had someone take Gibson to a bathroom. After finishing up business, Gibson demanded to make a phone call. He was taken to a pay phone and, when he didn't get a dial tone, we're told Gibson threw the receiver against the phone. Deputy Mee warned Gibson that if he damaged the phone he could be charged with felony vandalism.

On Saturday, of course, Gibson was contrite [excerpts]:

...I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the LA County Sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person....

...I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true...

...I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health...


[1] A great police word that may mean anything from ordering the "suspect" to stop to truncheoning him senseless with your "baton," or billyclub.
---o0o---

No comments: