Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blowups on the I Heart Huckabee's set between David O. Russell and Lily Tomlin

You can read about the battles between Tomlin and Director Russell in an article in the New York Times from 2004. It is only in the last few days that the long-rumored video clips of some of the blowups have surfaced on the video sharing sites. A couple of the clips are below (at least until Tomlin or Russell's "people" remove them.



David O. Russell screams at Lily Tomlin
Uploaded by omgfrank



Sharon Waxman wrote in
the New York Times article: "To get the performances he was after, Mr. Russell did all he could to raise the level of tension on set, unapologetically goading, shocking and teasing his actors. Sometimes these techniques prompted reactions that were less than photogenic. And in perhaps the most un-Hollywood move of all, Mr. Russell allowed a reporter to watch."




IDontLikeYouInThatWay.com - Lily Tomlin
Uploaded by caseofthemondays

---o0o---

2 comments:

El Snoozo said...

I guess you gotta do what you can to get the performance you want, but I heard that he went off like this on George Clooney, as well crew on the set of "Three Kings".

Again, it was all rumor, but if these keep up, he'll be our new "Buddy Rich"

Keekee Brummet said...

I think it's pretty fascinating, actually. Clooney has talked a lot about his issues with this guy too.

I think the next movie Tomlin made was probably Altman's Prairie Home Companion. . .obviously she came back to him for more. I suspect the biggest problems on Altman movies was the cast sitting around, passing the bong...

Anyhow, I like the guy's passion. Sometimes I'd like to do that to some of the people who work for me!

But I don't. And I guess there is the difference.