Tuesday, August 07, 2007

OK, I may complain about aviophobia and being in Newport Beach. . .




. . .but this afternoon, is not so bad. I was in the pool fifteen minutes after landing. I swam for a while hit the hot tub, and then worked for a couple of hours, and now I am off to walk to a great Mexican grill a mile and a half from here (the dreaded NB Radisson). They grill snapper, squid, and these incredible fat, juicy shrimp marinated in lime and herbs and serve them with a fantastic jicama-radish-mesclun salad, perfect chipotle beans, a stack of fresh, warm corn tortillas, and salsa that is on a par with those at La Carta de Oaxaca. Oh, and ice cold Pacifico on tap. The last time I was there, dessert was grilled pineapple sprinkled with lime and a sort of turbinado sugar that carmelizes with the lime. When I come back I can work on some poetry. Life could be worse. If my family was with me, it might even be living.
---o0o---

1 comment:

Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. said...

You are breaking the executives oath! Which is, to wit, "I must always act as if travel is a huge burden on me which I willingly undertake for the good of the company. Amen."