Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Weeper:


POTUS at a Medal of Honor Ceremony for Marine
Corporal Jason Dunham in January, 2007

In Robert Draper's forthcoming book, "Dead Certain: The Presidency of George W. Bush," taken from several extended interviews in late 2006 and early 2007, President Bush is quoted as saying, "I've got God's shoulder to cry on. And I cry a lot. I do a lot of crying in this job. I'll bet I've shed more tears than you can count, as president. I'll shed some tomorrow."

"I try not to wear my worries on my sleeve" or show anything less than steadfastness in public, especially in a time of war.

"I fully understand that the enemy watches me, the Iraqis are watching me, the troops watch me, and the people watch me," he said, "I do tears."
---o00---

2 comments:

Stephen Clarke-Willson, Ph.D. said...

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=16175

This might make him cry.

Keekee Brummet said...

Who'd have ever known until the last few years of all the gay, swinging, cross-dresssing, scat worshipping folks in the GOP! Sweet.