Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Linked out of LinkedIn...Jack Brummet resigns from the insanity


click to enlarge

I don't know if you've been sucked in yourselves, or if you've resisted, but a year or two ago, I succumbed to LinkedIn. If you are in "business" you find people constantly pinging you to become their linked in buddies a/k/a connections. It's similar to Facebook, but about 1/20th as fun. And there seemed--to me at least--to be no point at all. All I ever did on linked in was approve new friends and connections. And occasionally, a salesman from some company would tunnel in and hound me to set up a meeting or a lunch or drinks...all over the map.

So I decided to Link Out. That wasn't easy. It's easy to link in, but not link out. Kind of like the Roach Motel. After begging the customer service department, and spamming them for a week, they finally killed my account. After all, if you want to track me down, just do a GIS, and you'll see numerous other avenues to find me.
---o0o---

No comments: