Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gary Busey Quotes, Part II



"He's a lot different than I am. He's always telling stories about monkeys and toads and rockets. I can never understand what he's talking about." - Gary on his Dad

"Nothing changes like changes, because nothing changes but the changes."

"It's good for everyone to understand that they are to love their enemies, simply because your enemies show you things about yourself you need to change. So in actuality enemies are friends in reverse."

"Your shadow, the dark side. C.G. Hume writes about it, in terms of the fact that every one of us has a dark side. And my dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties. "

"One night...at [the hospital], I was sitting in bed...and saw the Grim Reaper standing in the corner. He was seven feet tall, with a brown robe. He pointed to me and said, 'Relax, it's not your time to go. You have been given gifts. These gifts are ready to be received by mankind. So get on your feet and improve.' Then he laughed, spun his scythe and left. I wasn't asleep and I hadn't been for days. Whether this was a premonition or an angel in disguise, I don't know. But it was a positive reinforcement to stay on the road to recovery, which I've done." [People Magazine, 1990]

---o0o---

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit these loopy quotes are funny but it's just sad to see how far he's fallen after the accident and the dope.

I'm not going out on a limb here, the guy was great in The Buddy Holly Story, perhaps the greatest Bio Pic performance of all time. The picture itself was modestly well made but he just shined and it's still thrilling to watch him break out in song and enthusisam for liviing and love.

Keekee Brummet said...

You are right about The Buse's debut. I own that movie on DVD and it's a total knockout--it puts to shame any recent biopic like Ray or the Johnny Cash one. He was channeling big time, and he sang better than Buddy Holly.