Monday, July 07, 2008

In Setia, Crete, Greece

We departed Rhodes yesterday, via a 45 minute turbo prop jet flight, and have no arrived in an 8,000 person village on the island of Crete, Setia.

We arrived at Heraklion--Hercules Town--and rented a beat up Hyundai and drove an extremely windy mountain road three hours across the island. But on the way, we did stop at the fantastic ruins of Knossos. I am in computer limbo right now, but will put up pictures when I get the chance.

I am sitting in an insane "Java Cafe" filled with thirty shouting teenagers and pre-teens, mostly playing World of Warcraft, Call of Duty 2, and downloading illegal movies and music on Limewire.

My laptop won't connect to their wireless, so I am typing on a greek keyboard and trying to get in touch with my office to deal with some weirdness.

But hey, that's part of vacation too, after all, for an Americaniki, isn't it?
---o0o---

No comments: