Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A rap from Senator J. Billington Bulworth



In a scene from one of my favorite (but deeply flawed) movies, at a big fundraiser, Senator J. Billington Bulworth grabs the mike, goes out into the well-heeled audience and starts rapping:



One man one vote
Now izzat really real?
The name of our game is
Let's make a deal.

Now people got their problems
The haves and the have-nots.
But the ones that make me listen
Pay for 30-second spots!...

I ain't getting' it in South Central
I'm getting' it in Beverly Hills.
So I'm votin' in the Senate
The way they want me to and
I'm sending 'em my bills.

But we got babies in South Central
Dyin' as young as they do in Peru.
We got public schools that are nightmares
We got a Congress that ain't got a clue...

We got factories closin' down
Where the hell did all the good jobs go?
Well. I'll tell you where they went --
My contributors make more profits
Hiring kids in Mexico.
---o0o---

No comments: