Saturday, September 13, 2008

A list of movies that always make me laugh

Not a comprehensive list, but a list of some sort. In no particular order, here are some of the funnest movies I know. I left off really new (the Hilarious Tropic Thunder) and unintentionally funny movies (Reefer Madness, Titanic, etc):

  • Dr. Strangelove (a tragicomedy, really, ending as it does in a mushroom cloud. "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is a War Room!")
  • Office Space (So, exactly what is it you do here?)
  • Spinal Tap
  • Animal House (the greatest celebration of failure ever. "Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?")
  • Team America: World Police
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
  • Meet The Parents
  • Idiocracy (sometimes it almost seems like a documentary of the future)
  • Super Troopers
  • Grandma's Boy
  • Modern Times
  • Duck Soup
  • My Cousin Vinny
  • Dazed and Confused
  • Fast Times at Ridgemont High ("All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.")
  • Airplane! ("Joey, you ever see a grown man naked?")
  • Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • M*A*S*H*
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Spaceballs
  • Young Frankenstein ("You know, I'm a rather brilliant surgeon, perhaps I can help you with that hump. ")
  • Clerks ("I'm not supposed to be here today!")

---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must rent The Loved One very soon. You will want to add it to this list.