Saturday, September 06, 2008

Oprah is not telling the truth about the Sarah Palin-Oprah controversy





Oprah Winfrey has come out and attempted to refute recent articles (which leftists are calling Republican propaganda): "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."



Lie One: "I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates." Obama appeared on her program just before he announced his candidacy, and once prior to that--when we all knew he would be running. In his 2007 appearance, Oprah Winfrey asked him if he would announce a presidential bid on her program."I don't think I could say no to you," Obama replied. "Oprah, you're my girl." She offered his show for the announcement; he chose to make it elsewhere.


Lie Two: "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show."

An Oprah show insider said that "Half of her staff really wants Sarah Palin on. Oprah's website is getting tons of requests to put her on, but Oprah and a couple of her top people are adamantly against it because of Obama."

Does that really sound like "absolutely no discussion" to you? I'm pretty sure that Sarah Palin would just sit on the couch, Oprah, not jump on it like Tom Cruise.

---o0o---

No comments: