Saturday, December 20, 2008

F*** You, Penguin! A really focused blog

I love this blog! I admire bloggers who focus their beam on one topic or demographic, like Heather G's Derfwad Manor, or 5ives.com., or WFMU's Beware of the Blog, or even something like the Drudge Report. They have a focus I can't achieve, although we probably came close in the last six months. I could achieve that focus with, say, ten separate blogs; that will never happen, since I have enough trouble just tending to one...

I've been relieved to go back and explore the more open ended charter of All This Is That, hitting on alien lore, folk lore, music, art, strange news, hillbilly life, poetry, and the paranormal. After that rambling and long-winded lead that went nowhere, let's just say that F*** You, Penguin is a hilariously cranky site that posts pictures of animals and tell why the depicted animals are worthless. That's all they do. It's funny and interesting.

Check out F*** You, Penguin! A taste: F*** You, Penguin's post on lions:


"I'm not really sure where this "King of the Jungle" designation came from, but honestly, that is the biggest load of horseshit ever. Look at this dude, he looks like he's ready to put on a pair of slippers and turn in for the night. "



"I seriously wonder if the lion hasn't been resting on its laurels for the past few hundred years, and no one has actually tested one of these things. Like, some lion started a whisper campaign about how he was a real badass, and because the mane makes him look bigger than he actually is, no one wanted to fuck with him.

"WELL GUESS WHAT LION, TODAY IS YOUR UNLUCKY DAY.I'm sorry, what? Oh, no, I was talking to him. Not you, we're buddies, right? Can I get you anything? No? Okay, well you let me know."
---o0o---

No comments: