Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Photos: The Raccoon In The Sycamore Tree

A raccoon ambled through our yard this weekend. You don't often see raccoons in the daylight; This may have even been a first. I see them most nights, lumbering in and out of the shadows as they mosey around the neighborhood.

My wife said, "He's probably sick. Or hurt."

"I don't know," I said to Keelin, "Maybe he's just thinking outside the box."

When Del went outside to investigate closer, the raccoon scrambled over to, and climbed up, an Aspen tree in our backyard. There was a time in my ancestor's pasts, when a treed raccoon would have meant one thing: dinner.

Photography by Del Brummet. Click all photos to enlarge.








---o0o---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about a missed opportunity to reclaim your hillbilly cred! You should have harvested that varmit or called Mittens for the assist.