Sunday, February 22, 2009

President Clinton tells President Obama "Speak up!"


click to enlarge POTUS 42

By Pablo Fanque,
All This Is That National Affairs Editor

Former President Bill Clinton spoke to ABC News' Chris Cuomo this week, giving President Barack Obama a grade of A on his first month in office, but also told him Obama needs to put on a more positive face when speaking to the American people about the economy, and perhaps even more importantly, must turn up the heat on the Republicans trying to derail his plans. [Ed's note (JB): This has to be a little weird for BHO, Pablo. . .I know how I've felt in the past, when the spouse of one of my employees told me how to run my business. But, then, none of those spouses were President for eight years either.]

"Look, the American people, I think, know The President has tried to reach out to Republicans."


Clinton said "it takes two to tango. I think there are some of them who really believe that just-say-no politics is good politics." He added "sooner or later, I think if he just keeps chugging along, just keeps the door open, invite 'em to every economic conference, invite 'em to every meeting, eventually, he'll start getting some votes [in Congress]."


click to enlarge BHO

In a showdown vote this week, only three Republicans in the Senate and none (!) in the House of Representatives voted for the Obama-endorsed $787 billion economic stimulus proposal.

Clinton said, "I like the fact that he didn't come in and give us a bunch of happy talk. I'm glad he shot straight with us."
---o0o---

No comments: