From 1916, a photograph of the U.S.S. Franklin, used as a training ship. From a 5'x7" glass negative held by the Library of Congress.
This image comes from the Harris & Ewing Collection of photographic negatives of people, events, and architecture, during the period 1905-1945. Harris & Ewing, Inc., gave its collection of negatives to the Library in 1955.
click to enlarge