Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Cars: Just What I Needed - Song, Photomontage and lyrics


click 2x to play the vid

Just What I Needed


I don't mind you coming here
and wasting all my time
'cause when you're standing oh so near
I kinda lose my mind
it's not the perfume that you wear
it's not the ribbons in your hair
I don't mind you coming here
and wasting all my time
I don't mind you hanging out
and talking in your sleep
it doesn't matter where you've been
as long as it was deep
you always knew to wear it well
you look so fancy I can tell
I don't mind you hanging out
and talking in your sleep
I guess you're just what I needed
I needed someone to feed
I guess you're just what I needed
I needed someone to bleed
---o0o---

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jack,

I actually saw ric ocasek driving thru chelsea last year (one of many celeb sitings).

So you gonna take my advice and see The Gourds? (I emailed you about it but I'm not sure if they got thru).

Pete

Keekee Brummet said...

Pete -- I didn't get your comment (or email) about The Gourds. I love these guys. I've seen them once in Austin (their home base) and once at The Tractor in Seattle.

I get to Austin a lot, since we have a studio there, and I have seen a lot of great music there. No one from NYC believes it, but on any given night, Austin blows away the offerings in New York, Seattle, LA, or San Francisco. It doesn't hurt that I like Country Western, but I've also seen people in all the genres there.

How did you make your connection with these guys?

Some guys at my work even had a Gourds tribute band for a while!

Anyhow, thanks for the tip, belatedly.

You know, I am going to be in NYC (first visit in 15 years) in early June. Maybe we can have lunch or something? /jack

Anonymous said...

Jack,

hmmm, your SPAM filters must be on overdrive because I sent you emails to both your work email and the one you have listed on this site. What is the best way to get thru?

I saw The Gourds on Austin City Limits the other night and then realized that I might have seen them before and, sure enough, they played at the Tractor during my stint in Seattle.

They're playing the Tractor again April 4 and 5 - go see em for me!

Absolutely we should get together. I'll be in my new digs in Brooklyn Heights by then (hopefully). Maybe we can find a good show somewhere.

Pete