Sunday, April 22, 2012

Middle fingers of the month, No. 26 (subset: women giving the finger, part 3)

By Mona Goldwater, Gestures and Signs Editor


A new roundup of middle fingers.   About half of these were sent in by readers...  /Mona








Kathy Griffin




this is "someone," but I don't know who...









Some of my selected recent finger compilations on All This Is That

All This Is That: Middle finger of the day: the sun gives earth the finger

All This Is That: Middle Finger of the day, No. 24





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did they mean by showing the middle finger?

Keekee Brummet said...

Edwin, I guess this is western-centric? It started out as an obscene gesture, but is now used to mean many different things, in context both friendly, and hostile.

This explains it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_(gesture)

/jack

celeste said...

Who sent my picture? lol. Nothing obscene, i was just showing my tattoo (the diamond one).

Keekee Brummet said...

Celeste - I can't remember who sent your picture to us. But it's a great tattoo! /jack