Thursday, September 15, 2005

Audio Blog: Jerry Melin & Jack Discuss Shakespeare & "Self-love" Late One Night In NYC


this is an audio post - click to play

Of the dozens of hours of audio tape I recorded in NYC, only about half an hour seems to still exist, all fairly low-quality, and mostly group projects. I suspect there are cassettes rattling around in cardboard boxes somewhere out there...(if you have them, I'll copy them and send them back!).

I spent many late night hours with Jerry Melin, filling C-90 Cassette tapes with whatever gibberish popped into our heads. A few bits still exist, and I'll be posting them off and on. Between the marginal quality of the originals, and having to pump it into Blogspot via a telephone line (vs. uploading a WAV or MP3), it's a little rocky. . .but perhaps worth listening to. This is 49 seconds long, from 1980. I am putting it up today to celebrate what would have been Mel's 51st birthday. /jack

No comments: